2016 has been quite the year.
It has been full of ups, downs, happy times, and sad ones too. I’ve reached milestones, met new friends, experienced new things, and so much more.
Let’s take a look at 2016 and all its happenings…
This year has held so many ups, downs, surprises, twists, and turns. I’ve had high times and low, but overall, I had an amazing year.
Here are 16 Highlights of the Year:
1. Performing in Seussical Jr & Auditioning for a Play
I had an amazing time performing with my Seussical castmates at our local theater and at the nearby competition! I also had a blast auditioning for Alice in Wonderland, and getting cast as Tall Alice! 😀
2. Meeting New Friends (via the Blogosphere and the Real World)
3. Being Introduced to Hamilton
AHH HAMILTON!!! I’m HamilTrash and proud. XD
4. Gaining 100 Blog Followers
5. Participating in Blogging Contests, and Hosting One of My Own
7. Becoming a Pen Pal
I love my pen pals. ❤
8. Having my Blog Re-Designed
Thanks, Megan! 😀
9. Performing in The Nutcracker
I had an amazing time performing in The Nutcracker! It was a spectacular experience and I loved it. 🙂
10. Launching The Elven Realm of Writing
It’s a huge honor to blog with such amazing people! ❤
11. Designing Bella’s Blog
12. Running for Blogging President – and Winning!!!
It’s such an honor to run for blogging president and win! I greatly appreciate all of the amazing individuals who voted for me. 😘😘😘
(And in case you’re wondering, my Blogging 101 series is on the way! 😀 )
14. Going on Vacation in the Mountains
I had an amazing, peaceful, and beautiful vacation at our family friend’s cabin in the mountains. 🙂
16. My baby sister being born
My new baby sister, nicknamed Bear, has been such a joy to our family. She’s chubby, cuddly, and altogether adorable. *heart eyes*
I have had so many amazing experiences this year. So many things have happened, good and bad alike. I thank God every day for the life He has blessed me with. ❤
So much has happened blog-wise this year. I moved my former Blogspot blog to WordPress. I gained over 100 followers. I participated in several camps and contests. I hosted one of my own. And I met countless amazing people. ♥
Here are some stats from this year:
Thank you so much for all of the follows, comments, and support you’ve given me. I love you guys. ♥ ♥ ♥
I was very active in “The Writing World” this year! 🙂 I participated in Camp NaNoWriMo, in which I wrote my first “real” novel, Shadowland. I have yet to actually finish that novel, but you know how it does. 😉 I did, however, write an entire novel for NaNoWriMo in November.
This year, I feel like I’ve really grown as a writer. Last year, I barely knew anything, I didn’t plan, and I had no real knowledge of how to write a story. Now, I plan my stories, commit myself to write them, and have really grown all together.
I greatly look forward to this coming year. My hopes are to edit my NaNo novel, re-work Shadowland, and write a short story that I’ve been thinking about for awhile. I also have some fun writing post ideas coming up in 2017. 😉
Overall, this year has been an amazing one. I’ve had so many accomplishments, participated in so many awesome things, met countless amazing people, and enjoyed the life that God has blessed me with.
I have some regrets, including not spending enough time with my family and spending more time blogging than being outside, but I’m learning and trying to make 2017 even better, and as free of these regrets as I can.
I’ve never been one for New Year’s Resolutions, since I usually never do them. 😛 But this year, I’d like to make some goals and resolutions for the New Year. 🙂
- Finish (and use) my blog schedule
- Learn to bullet journal
- Spend less time blogging and more time with my family and life
- Develop a business (I’ve been working on it and am hoping to launch it)
- Launch a new, professional blog (no worries – I’m still going to be blogging here!)
- Stretch & exercise daily to improve flexibility and stay in shape
- Edit These Stranger Tides
- Work on the story ideas that are simmering, and…
- See what God has in store! 😀
…and Hello 2017!
How was your year?
Are you looking forward to 2017?